Saturday, April 18, 2009

How time flies...

Here we are nearing the graduation of the first "Wong" grandchild, Alexa! She will be leaving high school this May and entering BYU of Idaho this fall with the ambition of being a doctor. Where did the time go as we all ask ourselves whenever we reach these milestones. Wasn't it just yesterday when my little sister Cindy, Alexa's Mom, was herself graduating from Murray High? I swear it was and we're all definitely not 17 years older since Alexa came into this world!!

Mom & Dad received her invitation to the graduation and was so moved by it that they are actually going to fly out to New Mexico to attend...yes, I said FLY! How special is that? Either way, we're all making and/or rearranging plans to make it out there this May to help her celebrate this great achievement and might I add, with honors.


Through the years as I talked with Cindy on occasion she always mentioned all her kids excellent school grades and work. Especially with Alexa with all her advanced classes she took not only because she is intelligent but for the challenge of wanting to learn more and not be complacent with regular classes. That has passed on to Zane and no doubt will be passed onto Julia. It is always with amazement at how Cindy and Steve have managed to raise such sweet, courteous and smart kids. Kudos to you both!

I dedicate this blog today at a small glimpse of yesteryear and a look back at how our little Alexa went from a little girl to a lovely young lady...!

What a good sister to Zane and Julia!!













Remember when Alexa was going to marry Chewy!












Me and Little Alexa - What a cutie!

2 comments:

  1. That was a sweet tribute to Alexa. Congrats to her and her parents!

    Thanks Becky for reminding me about your blog, I had completely forgotten. I have now officially bookmarked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I did not even notice you had updated your blog. Sorry for my slacking....

    That sure was a nice tribute you made to your neice. She sounds like a great kid.

    So, how have you been anyway?

    ReplyDelete