Thursday, July 23, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten


Our second one officially started Kindergarten! It seem so crazy considering that most of our friends kids are deciding on college or just graduated high school and we have very small children still...but sometimes you can't control when these kiddies will come along in your lives; you're just glad that they are here!

I think I was more nervous about him going to school and riding the bus at the end of the day. I asked Evan if he was scared and his cute response is always, "Mom, I'm not afraid of anything!" I hope that stays with him forever! I had Jared ride the bus with him for these first couple of weeks just so he knows what it feels like and gets off at the right stop. Even though Jared is only within 5 minutes from home he readily volunteers to ride with Evan for as long as he wants him to. There are moments of sibling kindness...though rare at times...they exist!

After much anticipation, his new teacher is Mrs. Holly Pierce. She seems like a very sweet and nice teacher. I helped out a lot during the first week and the kids all seem to like her very much. Our track was teacher-less forever, probably because it was a position that only required an afternoon for a few hours.

This is now his second week and I just pull up to the school and drop him off to line up in front of the school. He's such a big boy (in his mind) conquering all the little milestones that we hold dear to our hearts.

Life is strange and I can't seem to remember what life was like before the boys...!

No comments:

Post a Comment