Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's what brings us together...



As I sit here and recount another fabulous weekend camping and atving with my boys; I'm just so grateful at this point in our lives to be able to do these weekend trips with them all! Mostly, looking forward to next weekend!

We had another place in mind to try out but given the time we were able to leave by because the kids had school we opted for good ol' Tarryall. The weather couldn't have been better! We had a bit of weather but overall it was gorgeous and perfect for camping and riding.


Jared was extra excited to go because he got a new ATV courtesy of Daddy (the spoiler- just kidding) We had been searching for one for quite a while through dealers and craigslist but no one had a decent one to buy and if they did it was never what was advertised! I always thought excellent condition meant it didn't have any part of the body cracked and they just took the picture from the other side!

Kurt finally found an 07' Honda TRX 250cc at our friend Jake's motorsports place. Never ridden, they just didn't sell it so we got a good deal on it. He was quite excited needless to say! It's a manual shift (which I know nothing about since I can't drive one!) but Jared got on it and learned it right away, I'm so jealous!! I just don't understand the whole concept of shifting!! Too much for my little pea brain I suppose!

Evan is now the proud owner of Jared's old ATV the Eton 90cc which is just about right for his size! He was having fun riding around camp with it; which is just fine with Mom!!

These are the times that will hopefully stick in our boys memories forever and maybe when they grow up and have their own families they'll do the same with their kids.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having a great summer. Good for you. ATVing is such a blast.

    ReplyDelete